The room- Homey ambience- (Room Of Living)

It has taken me some time to create this setting. My attention span has gone all over the place, and I took down one house before getting pictures of it lol. I love doing my home posts by the room as I can put more attention on the room itself instead of just throwing so many pictures of a house at one time. I start off by picking a house. I am using this little retro creation by scarlet creative. I tend to buy houses and either use them right then or they just sit there. This is the little charmer from a past collabor88 round and I usually pass on posting things from big events when I get them because the same thing is on the feed for days and is quite boring to me. Just because a item isn't at a event anymore, doesn't mean you forget about it. I in fact love decorating houses over and over to see how I can be more creative the next time I use it. I made the house bigger than it rezzes. It is around 50 prims. Still a very small amount of prims.

I also took out the fireplace so I could have more of a open plan feeling. Some houses are fine with seperated rooms, but when you are working with a small house I fell it's better to pull out some walls so it can feel even roomier. I tend to go fireplace crazy in homes, but since it is hot as hell...I think I will pass on adding one lol. What stuck out to me in this house is the woodwork. The textures are really nice and homey. I wanted ot go with that mood and spread it throughout the house. I am adding a few items from present and pasts Arcade events. You collect all this stuff and you never use it lol. I have a folder for each event and I am not using any of the items. That is just so wasteful. So I am going to incorporate some here and there. I also added a room divder to seperate the living room from the dining room. I have it in white and natural wood, and of course in this house it looks better in natural wood. I wanted to add a bit of my personality in this room...I am divalicious..but I am also whimsical. So the sofas with the mustaches worked perfectly.

  I love decorating rooms with little extras, since I believe you can never have too many of them. The lamps also added to the whimsical feel I was going for.  Mix and matching makes the world go around. When my day has been busy and I been running like a chicken with my head cut off all day and I get to come on here and decorate, it's more like a calming thing. While I have r&b divas in the background and Keke is just tearing up this song. Lord have mercy. But I digress, decorating is just one of my favorite passions. With all the awesome stuff on this grid how can you not love it.

Maybe you will find something that you will like having in your home:) I will be posting more rooms with even more ideas to personalize your own space. Have a wonderful day! Stay Fierce & Stay Blessed!

Credits:
Sofa & chairs- Lisp
Lamps- Apple Fall
Vases-~ Bazar~
Mirror & Gold vases- Apple Fall
Coffee table- ~Bazar~
Rug & Globe- Bazar
Window bench- Alouette
Beauty frame-Apple Fall- Gacha
Radio- Tres Blah
Journal- Pilot
SL newpaper- Dutchie
Curtains- ~Bazar~
Room Divider- Lisp
Folded clothing-
Dress form & trunk- Apple Fall (current arcade gacha)
Empty wall frames- Cheeky pea

Comments

Popular Posts