Loft Living- Pt.One

Hai! I am here posing a new post today featuring the beautiful space by Abiss. I have gotten help from Frasha Boa (creator for Abiss) a couple of times and she is always sweet. I will always prefer shopping at a place where the creator is kind  and really cares about their customers. I have been shopping at this store for years and I bought this "skybox" when it first came out. I also have the bigger version that came out a little later. I decided to go with the smaller version today and who knows maybe in the future I will do the extended part and decorate it. There is some shadowing behind a few things so I decided not to remove them like I was going to, like a small wall hanging and a box on the staircase. But I do not mind keeping them where they are.This space is still very modifiable. I say this is a "skybox" because you can really set it up as a house with some mods. I took out the panoramic view so you can see the landscaping outside and not have that skybox feeling of being stuck in a box. It really opens this space up. I think skybox preference depends on what you are going for. I like the closed in ones for the more private feel. But as far as how I am feeling at this moment I want it to be bright and wide open! I am pleased to say that this build is rez approved. Some mesh builds drive me nuts because I cannot just drop things on the floor and have them rez. This build does not have that issue. It really helps to prevent decorating and just opening a damn box from becoming such a chore! lol. There is a space under the loft area but I had no use for it so I pulled the wall down over it and used it as a feature wall. I almost turned it into a kitchen/dining area but I really have no used for those rooms atm. I just want this to be a nice place to relax and chill.

But if you have a need for those space and possibly a bathroom...it has enough space so you can set those up easily. It just goes to show how spacious it is considering it is the smaller version. The bigger version would have been too much room for me. I almost put a bookcase on the feature wall and I said wait a minute lol...What the hell am I gonna do with two bookcases. This post isn't about me being a book nerd!  Or hmmm maybe I could have copied the bookcase and had it on the feature wall also. That would have worked to. A matching one would have made more sense..but ahhh too late now. If I sit in a space too long I can decorate it over and over again. So I try not to think a lot on little things. My head will explode lol. I just love using snow landscaping and for scenes. It just really gives you the feeling you need for this time of year. I might be setting up more skyboxes since while cleaning my inventory I am finding some I forgot I had! Sometimes I try to see how nice I can make them without going over a certain land impact limit. It really challenges you and you can save so much by not using let's say a 12 prim rug over a simpler mesh one that is 1-2 land impact. My favorite is 1. I will pack a space with things 1 Land impact. I will also pay more for those items, because in the end them being such low impact really saves you. So to me they are worth it. I love all of the items out right now with lights on them and anything that glows. I hope creators will continue this for the warmer months to so I can have some beautiful glowy things for the spring/summer also. Hell, I might have a snow home up all year round and just add others for when I feel like seeing green lol. Sky is the limit in sl when it comes to setting up your space.

Okay well time for me to get going! There is a part two to this space that will be a cute quickie post as it just features the upstairs! So stay tuned!!

                                                        Stay Fierce* Stay Blessed


Credits:

Studio Apt- Abiss- https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Studio-Apt-by-Abiss/3177908
Sofa, floor lamps, living room curtains, log table, globe, canvas, living room plant & black board- ~Bazar~
Kerosene heater-
Candles- Kalopsia
Magazine files- Apple Fall
Caramel Apples, Jute baskets, Librarian cart & leaning chalkboards- Floorplan
Kitty- Fashionably dead
Hot chocolate tea tray & Vintage tv-Lisp
La Sina lounge chair- The Loft
Big Snowbles- Mish Mish
Shae Cosy- Cheeky pea
The sheltering leaf- half deer
Trees and ponds (outdoors :P) - Studio Skye, 3dtrees and Trompe Loeil

Comments

Popular Posts