The Room- XOXO (Cabin in the Forest)

I love scarlet creative homes. I live in them quite often. I love how the creator is always bringing out new builds that spark my creativity. I am one of those people that can change houses weekly and I tend to do that as you see by my blog posts! lol. The designs from this store tend to have a neutral color scheme and are always fun for me to decorate. So since it has been awhile since I have done a post for my *The Room* series. I thought hmm this house will be perfect for my next one! I usually do part 1 and part 2 for each home I do. But this time around I managed to showcase all of my favorite areas within the house in one post. I used to only buy massive homes and got smaller ones just to have. But this year I really focused on decorating smaller homes. Some you will never get to see because while I might have gotten them at a event or for a good deal, they just weren't my style in the end. I have to have tall ceilings. I know some people prefer builds "avatar" height, but I do not. I do not care how beautiful a home is..if I see the ceiling as I walk I will not buy it. You feel like you are in a cage...that is a really big dislike of mine.


One house I tried to use even with low ceilings and I made it bigger. I felt like a smurf in it. It was one extreme of the other. One of my favorite things inside Scarlet creative homes are the flooring. I really love the wood texture used. They always compliment any furniture that I use. This is a important thing because I was decorating a different house yesterday and the floors totally messed up my color scheme. To a point I had to take floors from other places which is annoying. I never have to do that with Scarlet homes and it is worth mentioning. The name of the house itself made me want to do a forest themed exterior and just really throw in a lot of trees. But I love trees a lot anyway so it isn't a new thing for me. Something else worth noting is that you can rez on the floors in this house. Which is a huge thing to me lol. Some of my houses I rez a box so I can rez on top of it. It can be a hassle. Mainly when you rez a no copy item on a floor that will not rez anything. I just lost a tree yesterday because I rezzed it too close to the sim end. Kinda mad because...I liked that tree! Woohoo it's in my lost and found today! yayyy okay, that is wonderful.


This house is so cozy and I love it. I love items from junk so when I saw the creator was in this round of collabor 88 I had to run and grab some things. These items from the collabor88 event were a steal. For someone who decorates as much as I do...I really need deals! lol. And of course I had to have this bed from Trompe Loeil. I was sold when Cory Edo posted the WIP picture for this...but then again I tend to get everything she brings out as it is always nice. The event will start over on the 8th so you still have time to get the items from this round of collabor 88 at these crazy prices. I hope everyone is having a wonderful week! I really enjoyed doing this round of my The room post. Now I have to figure out what to do next! lol <3

                                                         Stay Fierce* Stay Blessed


Credits:
Cabin in a forest- Scarlet Creative
Kiss & hug sign- :revival:
Decorative dummy- Art dummy
Greenery- Botanical, Fanatik, [erdbeeren] & 8f8
Sofa, rug, firewood holder and lights- junk @The collabor 88
Fireplace- Second spaces
Skydome- Yes this place is in one! - Turnip's homes <3
rugs- junk (living room rug)  and the rug pictured in the bedroom ~Bazar~
Wood tables,  Floria dining plant, Floria flower vase &gold frames - ~Bazar~
Mad Scientists cage, kerfluffle sheep & mini forest cabin scene- +Half-Deer+
Button pillow & books- Kalopsia
Pumpkin cider tray- Aphrodite
Pumpkin soup- Poche
Georgie beanbag- Cheeky pea
Reclaimed shelving & Fabrique rug - Apple Fall
The dreaming house bench & lights Zophia bed - white, Gramercy steamer trunk & pillows- Trompe Loeil
Bedside tables & Chandelier- Laq Decor

Comments

Popular Posts