Cozy Cottage- The ramblings of a woman that loves to decorate

I have always wanted to do a post on the little Laq cottage. It is just so nice and detailed. So here is my first chance!! I love doing spaces with small prim limits. It is a fun challenge to do any home with 250 prims. This home is using no more than 240 actually.(not including the house) I remember when sofas were at least around 20 prims, 50 prims if you had a sectional lol. To have 250 prims was basically nothing, and your place would be empty basically. Now with mesh items you can even have the smallest amount of prims and be able to live like a princess (or prince) in nice luxury. I just love decorating. This past weekend, we went to my favorite mall here. In the shopping mall down the street from it was...a homegoods. A brand spanking new homegoods store that was a week old. It was crazy in that place and as fast as stuff was being put out it was picked up. Luckily I heard a woman asking another customer where she got her beautiful drapes ( I was thinking obviously in the store) lol. I am a big drape person. The longer the better, but that always means they are pricey. So I wanted to see what they had to.


The woman was right, not only did they have some amazing drapes...they had long amazing drapes. I am not a person you want to come across during a sale when it involves something I really wanna stock up on. I grabbed every drape set that met my color scheme within secs lol! One of which at least the other woman must have overlooked because she just stared at them. Snooze you lose! But the prices were beyond amazing...cheap....cheap! They were cheap! lol. I usually have to go I think maybe a hr out the way to get to the other closest homegoods, so this place was filled with happy people. When you like to decorate alot a place with amazing prices and amazing stock is ideal. Not all homegoods are like this....(some have crap)....but not sure if this one is better because it's brand new with the newest stock, or if its also the area it's in. I am thinking it is a little of both.


SL is the same way for me when decorating in many ways, and I love buying things that I have in RL. I love rich colors. Anything that is soft on the eyes but yet also still beyond Lux. I am using gold in this house and I tend to use gold alot in sl. I do not do that in rl. I might do decor with gold next year around Christmas but even that is rare. There is certain decor that is true gold that I like in rl...but the shade I prefer is extremely hard to find. I am totally against brass! That is one style i'm sure will never come back in style. You will never hear someone say" I want brass". I am using alot of pieces in this house from the store~ Bazar~. They are very popular pieces and they are crazy with prim (land impact) count. You can do alot when you have a sofa thats like 6 prims lol. I did 4 living spaces within the 250 prim limit, including trees etc outside, if you can believe it. The funny thing is as I look at these pictures, I can see how I could redo everything and even add more. Is there such a thing as perfect? When I am decorating...sometimes...I keep changing things until I am pleased. I try to not be wasteful. I will throw away things in a heartbeat. I am working on that lol. I love seeing other homes, how people have their own creativity. Totally influenced by themselves.

 Another thing that has helped is all of the 100 prim and lower homes. They really help your prim count stay low. I do wish home creators would look outside of the small home box and make some mesh mansions for the people that love them. It doesn't have to be a 14 room house, but one that gives off that elegance and style. Not all SL people need small homes. I am not in a skybox mood either. You throw the grandeur of a mansion in a skybox? Cmon! lol...I am not claustrophobic, but I cannot be in a small closed in space, and I am over the modding process with them..not to mention modding mesh ones? lol no. That is the only thing I miss with prim homes. You can take out walls and floors and not worry about baked shadows. Really make the space your own.

But anyhoo, I have always loved this cottage and the snow add ons. The home furnishings at Laq are also very high quality and a true example of what mesh items have done for sl. Once you find the correct windlight settings it really enhances the beauty and experience of your SL. On snowy sims I tend to use the more cloudy settings to make it feel like it is really snowing. I kid you not though, when it has been snowing here and I was surrounded by snow in sl..it made it feel even colder. But I love how you can make it so dreamy on here. SL has come a very long way. I await the day that it looks as good as the games on this playstation 4. But alot of people will have comps blowing up if that happens though lol.But I will say its really nice. I hope everyone has a wonderful week! I see no snow will be here so I am excited to have a warmer week. Gonna enjoy the sun and finish my to-do list:P   Stay Fierce & Blessed!!

Credits:
Cottage- Laq aka Laqroki
Tree Topiary- Mudhoney
Coffee Table, Chandelier & drapes- Vandelo
 Trunk & snow fir trees (part of the snow cabin)- Trompe Loeil
Leather rug- junk
 Wall decor by the big vase & wooden dining table- The loft
Cabinet- Chronokit
Ornate Mirror & black table lamps- Apple Fall
Gold small frame, Small plant, sofa, ottamon, Kitchen, Study desk, bed, night stands, books, computer decor- All from ~BAZAR~
Fur rug-
Vase- Urbanized
Bookcase window bench- Alouette
Black throne chairs and candied apples- Floorplan
Feather pic and the pic of me- My own

Comments

Popular Posts