The Room - Baby Boy

I am actually late posting this blog post. I have been so busy the last couple of days. So I decided to come on and get my messages and that perfectionist in my head wouldn't shut up. My son asked me to decorate his skybox. He told me all he wanted was a sofa. He was very specific about the sofa he wanted  in his home. I originally rezzed one from Apple Fall because his request was a sofa that he wouldn't be sitting feminine when he sat down automatically. So I assumed since the Apple Fall creator is a male that the sofa would be fine. No it wasn't lol. So this post originally featured one of his sofas but now I just ran to the men's dept today to do this proper. I strive for perfection. I expect nothing less. I found this sofa not realizing the only single poses are for well....guys! lol But! The sits will be perfect for my son! No longer will he sit as a female automatically. So that made me a happy mama:) It is a nice sofa though and it is textured really nice. I bought more than this but I need to get this part of my post done! I don't like going too many days without a post! His comp totally lags and I am one of those people that like rezzing a lot of scripted cuteness and little extra details like a newspaper and books on the floor! lol.

*Please note- I thought this sofa only had single male poses. I was wrong, It also has female single poses.  <3 it

 But the more mesh I add and the more scripts have him struggling. So I did it as simple and nice as I possibly could and guess what? He has no lag. I wanted this space to be masculine. Well it had to be masculine let me say that. lol So I made sure to not add any "girly" elements. But still more of a unisex type of style. He is totally urban so I wanted to add things that fit with his personality of course.Let me say I was swamped when I got on. One of those days where I was needed in 3 diff places at one time lol. But after not being on this weekend I expected that. I of course set up my child's space first. I would say one thing. Lagging is the one peeve of mine on sl. I cannot deal with lag. I have a feeling the viewer is prob bringing most of that to him.
Now, let's get to the amazing furniture I am using of course. The piano bar set is available at The Fashion Collective today!! It fit perfectly in this space and it adds a creative edge to it. The whole set is only 18 land impact. I know he only wanted a sofa in his home mind you lol. But I couldn't just rez one thing. I just couldn't do it! lol The set comes with this beautiful piano bar, plant, trumpet decor and of course these cute little vintage mic lamps. I put down 3 of them, but I was about to put way more lol. I had to contain myself from rezzing a billion things in his space! It was so tempting. I was tryna have it as a total man cave with his picture up and the ones of his lil boogers. But he didn't want his picture up he wanted mine. So my pic being there is not me being vain! lol

 I added some urban decor on the walls. I love these new floor potted plants. They also come in hanging versions which I have on the wall by the pictures. Several different colors of course:)  I just tried to put as much in here as I could so it wouldn't look empty, but not be so full that is causes him lag.  Every space is a challenge and I think that is one of the things that draw me to decorating so much. I really love using a space and doing it several times in totally different ways. I also like challenging myself to use as little Land impact as possible and you really do make every prim count when you do that.  I have a lot of 1 prim things I was itching to throw down too lol. But, hey I calmed myself down! I will be doing a quickie post from the part of this space I wasn't able to fit in here. So stay tuned. I hope everyone is having a wonderful week! It is going by so fast, the weekend will be here again in no time. So I am gonna post this now!

                                                         Stay Fierce*Stay blessed


Credits:

Piano Bar & matching decor- Kalopsia (Here is your limo to the fashion collective event) -
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hibari/211/188/3003


Skybox and frame- Apple Fall
Potted plants, hanging plants, curtains & statue- Kalopsia
Wall art & Records- The Loft
Tall plant & hanging frames- Bazar
                                            

Comments

Popular Posts