Talkative- Home post : Snowy Ground days

I really got in the mood today to do the ground part of my land today. I am really into smaller spaces at the moment. They give me more of a challenge to put just enough furniture in them. I am used to decorating these huge spaces and I do not use 95% of it. I tend to rez big houses all over the place but for now smaller homes are my staple. I am still in love with the winter theme so what better than a skating rink. I always have to mod something of course so I modded it and took away the build that came along with it.

 I added my favorite small house from Scarlet Creative. I like everything to have that crisp white sheet feeling. So I started with the base pieces like this sofa and the bed. At first I felt like having a big sectional but most of the time when I have company no one sits. But I do have some friends that RP alot and they have to sit, lol. I tend to stand outside all the time and all I hear is "You can stay outside in the cold while I go in"! lol So I placed a sofa and a extra little chair for extra seating. The ottomans also have seating so there is actually seating for 6 people comfortably. Big pieces of furniture in a small place doesn't work. It will make the space feel even smaller. So I tried to use more simple pieces throughout to give it a spacious feeling. Plus of course the tall ceiling helps the feel.

It fit perfectly here. I really love it. Gives me that snowy good feeling. I love snow as long as it's not keeping me from doing something and I have food lol. If I got food and no place to go I am a happy camper and it looks so fresh. The last round of snow had sparkles in it. It sparkled so pretty. Not sure if it's looked like that before, but I was out at night and I guess the light hitting it brought it out more. Really pretty to see and my doggy finds it a delicate delicacy lol! He loves to eat a mouthful of snow at a time. He is really hilarious.


 I am very detailed oriented. I usually say picky when I am out so people won't think I am being a brat. But I am a perfectionist.  An ocd Perfectionist. Yes, It's bad. I want my things to be a certain way. The patterns have to line up perfect and no seams and if it does! rawr!!! I am worse on certain things. Decorating is one a big thing, and I have not really gone all out decorating on sl.  I have always taken into account more things in one space means more lag for friends and family. Some of whom could not take too much on their comps. One of my friends cannot even function properly at stores.  So I never really fill a space like I really would. I take into account how many scripts are being used and I really try to make it as lag free as possible. What is the point of having a space that you cannot enjoy and share with friends when they come over?




This little room is a example of how I really would normally go out. It's like rl you find all of these nice pieces that no one would think will go together and they do. SL is easy...as if you don't like your sofa color, click you change it. RL If I hate the color..uh oh. Not a cheap fix. lol..It's hilarious to see expressions when I have changed my mind about something. Kinda a mix between shock, damn and oh no. lol The prob being the stores I go to are massive and furniture looks small. Actually so small I dismiss some pieces thinking they are too small and opting for bigger pieces that end up being huge. Then I do my look around stand like hmmm where the hell is this going now. lol! I never remember to bring something to measure with either. SL you don't have to worry about stupid technicalities! But I do get a kick out of finding things I have on sl in rl. I can honestly say I have bought things in rl because I have it in sl or I buy stuff in sl that I love in my rl. lol!! I get a kick out of it. I mean some of these mesh creators are totally ripping rl stuff lol. No coincidence that's for sure lol.

But this is what happens when I run my mouth. I actually concentrated while talking and put this room together. It proves that I can actually do more than 2 things as once, which for awhile I didn't think. The globe I have it in almost looks like a snow globe like I want, but i am missing the snow falling from the sky. We will see if this setup causes any lag before I try doing that lol. But hey it's an option. There is always options. My mindset is there is always better things to get. Always

I had to do a wide shot so you can see how beautiful this space is. I feel like I am in my own snowglobe:) I am in a skydome. I like mixing and matching the textures from spring and winter. I am using a spring sky and the snow ground from the winter textures. Plus....The stars..You have to have stars.
I am sure I will be doing more decorating soon. The new 88 round is so close I can feel it! Plus there are gacha festivals and alot of events starting this week.  I am excited! Stay Fierce & Blessed!

Credits:

Trunk & Artwork- Apple Fall
Books & clothing Rack- Bazar
Lady luck- Seven Emporium
Statue- Prefabrica
Room divider & poufs- Lisp
Chandelier, bed & Nightstands- Laq
Canopy, mobile, hanging shelf & mirror- Cheeky Pea
Trees- Mudhoney
Sofa- The Loft
Snowball Lamp- Bauwerk
Winter chair- Zigana
Music Box- Mish Mish
Snow area- Corsia
Fireplace- Digs
Wall decor, faux fur chair and mannequin- Art Dummy
Rug- Aisling
Nostalgia chandeliers- Floorplan
Skydome aka Globe- Turnip's Homes ( I use the spring and winter texture packs)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts